Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO UTAH???

So all my sisters, mom, and I headed out for a girls trip to Utah this weekend. Her brother was getting married(it was a great wedding Uncle Dave and we love her!) We thought what a great excuse for a girls trip!!! So I ventured off again leaving all my kids home with daddy. That was the rule, NO KIDS. I left Thurs. night and picked Lacey up on the way. Sophie met us in Globe and we picked her up too. My mom was already in the valley. When we got there we called mom and Summer to meet us @ I-HOP cause none of us had eaten dinner. By the time we made it to Summers it was midnight. We got up early the next morning and headed off to Utah. Well we ended up in Las Vegas about 3 that day and decided to hit some thrift stores for fun. We ended finding alot and stayed till 7. So I said, "Why don't we just go eat @ a buffet and play at the theme park in Circus Circus. So we all got spruced up in the car and at an Arby's bathroom. Haha and headed to Circus Circus. After dinner we went to the circus acts and watched a guy on a unicycle. Then we had to wait 20 minutes for the next act. So we decided to see who could make the ugliest faces. You can decide who wins???? Haha After we watched the juggler perform, He came out from behind the stage and I yelled to him to come take a picture with us. He came over and said the unicycle guy wanted a picture with us too. So he said "Lets go BACKSTAGE to our dressing rooms to get him" we thought that would be fun!! So after pictures we went to ride all the rides. During this time we all called our husbands and told them where we were. My husband didn't believe me. and he said, "I thought you were going to Utah?" Haha so did we! Anyways Summers husband was scared we would never make it to Utah since we still had 5 more hours and it was midnight already. So he bought us a room @ Circus Circus. Thanks Justin!(We wouldn't have made it we were exhausted!)





This is our first night at I-HOP





This is at I- HOP the next morning,What? It is good!



WE got stopped to check our car, we must have looked suspicious. So we took a picture with him.




This guy was at one of the thrift stores just having a nap. So we took pictures with him, he didn't mind.




This was at another thrift store. This guy was our biggest fan! There just happend to be a piano in the store, so of course, we entertained. He kept asking me to sing again and give him my e-mail. Ummm NO!





Getting ready to hit the town



Did pretty good for not having a hotel room (yet)






Eating at the buffet. yum yum






Backstage!!








This is at the circus. We were just posing, and then the real fun is coming up next. Every time we needed a laugh on the trip we would just look at these pictures. So you guys vote, who was the ugliest???







And the winner is????






This was in Adventure Dome. I was on the phone with my hubby. See babe I told you I was in Vegas!




We saw the St. George temple from the freeway and had to go take some pictures. It was beautiful!!




Mom drove so we could watch What happens in Vegas.






This was at the wedding. My camera was not cooperating that night. But I know my sisters have good pictures, so check out their blogs.










Summer, Sophie, and mom got to watch "Walk the Line" (Lacey and I sang along)




This was on the drive home Sunday. We didn't go the Vegas way, didn't want to get side tracked again!




This was about 45 minutes out of Page. We all had to go to the bathroom SOOO bad but they wouldn't let us cause they were cleaning them. We decided to get these lollipops and bug the crap out of them by singing into them as loud as we could. They finally let us in. There were only 2 stalls so I went to the boys.

I ended up getting home @ 2:45am on Monday morning. I am still recovering and it is Wednesday!! We had a blast. I love my girls! Thanks to all our husbands for letting us go and watching all the kids!! Babe you did great getting them all ready for church, AND did I mention they were on time!! So you know what your job is EVERY Sunday right?

9 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

You girls are silly! That looked like a lot of fun. That's so funny that you saw that show at Circus Circus. We saw it too a couple years ago when we stayed there...pretty cool, huh? ;) WE didn't get asked to go backstage though! I am still waiting for my husband to have the priveledge of watching our kids WITHOUT me! Not sure if that will ever happen!

Heidi Joncas said...

What a fun girls trip! Sisters are the best. How can 5 such pretty women make such ugly faces :)

Carrie Elder said...

Hi Raine! Man, I want to go on a trip with you guys... looks like a blast!! You have a really cute family:)

Sopha said...

excuse me but why isnt YOUR ugly pic up??? BAHA well its ok you put mine up, i put the video on. i win!

Kelly Merrell said...

Only Sherwoods would take a picture with a cop and get away with it. I love you guys!

Raysha said...

Love it! Doing goofy things with sibling is the best. I love your picture play-by-play.

Amy said...

Raine,
It looks like so much fun! You all look so great - most of the time!!
Lots of love to you and your family!
Amy

Gerald & Allison said...

Wow Raine you are a dork! I would have to say that my favorite picture is the one of Sponge Bob biting your butt! If that doesn't disturb the kids, I don't know what will!
--Allison

Samantha said...

OH so you had to go to my blog to see if I had posted about the big news! lol....I'm waiting til I get a little more excited so the post doesn't sound like I'm not excited! :)